Friday, April 22, 2011

Taking care of Lil K

Okay this is week three of chemo and things are looking better. She has been running around and jumping and back to all of her old ways. If you had ask me three weeks ago I would not of thought this possible. There was a point where the simple act of bending down was painful and heartbreaking for me to watch.
It is truly amazing how fast the chemo had work for her, She had seem better since the first treatment, And that had help put my mind at ease with this. Nobody ever thinks about wither or not their children will get cancer or become seriously sick. when I heard the word chemo I automatic though all the worst the throwing up the hair lost, being bed ridding and not being able to have a normal life. I am happily shock and surprise at the team that that she has and what she can do. And how Lil K puts on a smile most of the time to make everyone think that she is okay and whatnot.
But as a mother that knows her child I know this isn't true, I know that she is hurting inside. I know she hates needing to have to wear a back brace, or how she cant play outside with her friend at recess. So right know I  do my best to give her everything she needs, and then more.

No comments: