Friday, September 5, 2014

.... Good bye Weekends

As a single mother, you have to do what you think is right in every aspect of your life and your child. I am the sole bread winner, cook, maid, tutor, nurse and whatever else there is. It is hard trying to do everything by yourself. I did have a boyfriend that lived with me. But that is another conversation for a different day. 
Last year, I started working nights in case my daughter would have another relapse. I knew what to except: long days, and appointments after appointments, chemo side affects and runs to the er.  My plan was work nights and go to doctor appointments in the morning with Imori. If she didn't relapse I would sleep during the time she was at school. Eventually,I plan  on taking online classes and finish my degree. 
 Everything seemed to be going great. however, I started having some bumps in the road. Phone ringing off the hook, having to do errands, and babysitting a few days out the week.I was barely sleeping  4 hrs on the days I had to work But the worst part of everything is realizing that my daughter school work was suffering because I didn't have enough energy throughout the weekdays.She was leaving stuff behind. and stuff wasn't being completed. 
With the start of 4th grade. I want to give my daughter my all and focus on her and only her during the school week. So I started tweaking my schedule. I decided that working the weekends is the best for her and me. I can still be able to be there and give her the full attentions that she needs and wants. 
I know my social life will suffer, but i know it will be worth it in the end to see my daughter succeed in the end.
First day of kindergarden! 

No comments: